Chicago Technology Advisors realizes that businesses do not always have the time or resources to comfortably deal with technology projects or to provide accurate information about their technology to a third party. Sometimes there is a need for someone to represent the interests of the business that is adopting the new technology in order to ensure that they are getting the right fit solution.
Chicago Technology Advisors sees this as two separate roles: Technical Representation and Project Management
Technical Representation is important when a business needs someone to come in, review their environment and then handle working out the technical details between a third party who is working with the client to implement a new solution. Examples:
- Purchasing a new line of business application – how/where to implement in the client’s current environment? How will it fit in with the current mix of technology?
- Compliance questions about the client’s technology environment, either from an auditor or a form.
- Assistance getting the right information to a vendor who wants to implement a new scanning system to the client environment
Project Management takes the role of Technical Representation further by having Chicago Technology Advisors assist with the completion of any technology project from end to end to ensure that the project is properly aligned with the client environment and executed in timely fashion. Project Management services from Chicago Technology Advisors may include:
- Work with the client to gather business requirements for a project
- Translate those requirements into either an RFP or review in detail with select vendors
- Work with a vendor to clearly define project goals and milestones
- Chaperone a vendor during implementation as needed
- Verify that all deliverables have been met with the client
- Assist with client education or training as required